The Vice President – Human Resources works closely with Senior Leadership within all lines of the business and is responsible for providing human resource expertise and services to provide a work environment that maximizes organizational effectiveness, employee satisfaction and enhances the organization’s ability to attract and retain highly qualified staff.
- Benefits – Implement and administer all aspects of the benefit and insurance offering (medical, dental, and vision insurance, health & dependent care reimbursement accounts, short & long term disability, term life insurance and 401k) by conducting annual open enrollment meetings, performing billing research and support for employees and all completing compliance/reporting requirements on the aforementioned plans.
- Workers Compensation/Unemployment Insurance – Direct all aspects of the workers’ compensation and unemployment plan by performing required reporting and record keeping of all t occurrences to minimize financial exposure.
- Recruitment – Manage all aspects of recruitment, selection and placement by ensuring that job descriptions are developed and updated, effective sourcing techniques are implemented and that interviews are conducted promptly and with ease.
- Orientation – Construct and deliver a comprehensive organizational orientation that offers new staff information needed to begin in their roles with ease, the organization an opportunity to connect with the new hire and internal departments the opportunity to train on processes and procedures pertinent to the new employee’s role.
- Workforce Policy – Review, update and maintain the Employee Handbook ensuring that all policies reflect the organizations practices and that the organization is meeting all state and federal guidelines.
- Compensation – Construct a comprehensive salary matrix and review annually by conducting salary surveys to ensure that salaries and the benefit package offered is competitive.
- Training – Provide continuous opportunities for staff to develop skills deliver required trainings and accurately retain records of all staff trainings, and licensure.
- Employee Performance – Direct and oversee the ongoing and annual Performance Appraisal process for the organization and provide continuous support to managers and staff with performance improvement needs.
- Administrative Support – Supervise the administrative support function (reception) of the firm through assigning various administrative tasks/projects and ensuring ongoing backup support.
- Continued Education – Maintain current on all laws and new trends impacting Human Resource issues. Review best practice standards and implement new policies and procedures as needed.
- Security and Privacy –Adhere to CIG and client protection policies by regularly acclimating yourself with the CIG privacy, safety and security policies made available within the employee handbook.
- Workplace Culture –Participate regularly in company activities and campaigns.
- Dedication –Embody the purpose and vision of CIG in all work done on behalf of the company.
- Other role related duties as assigned by management on an as needed basis.
Experience: 5+ years of Human Resources / Human Resources Management experience required. Recruitment and/or Financial Services Industry experience is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, or relevant field required. Advanced Human Resources degree preferred.
Certifications or Licenses Required: Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or other relevant certification is preferred.
- Technology– Create, process and maintain information using Microsoft Outlook, Word Excel and PowerPoint as well as Compliance11, Paychex and other internal HR software.
- Communication- Express oneself in an articulate and effective manner verbally and in written form.
- Problem Solving and Reasoning – Deal with abstract as well as concrete and complex problematic situations; define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Organizational Skills– Demonstrate a systematic approach in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Conflict Resolution- Demonstrate the ability to diffuse and resolve conflict.
- Talent Sourcing– Apply knowledge of human resources principles in the recruiting process, including motivational interviewing and applicant sourcing.
- Cultural Sensitivity– Be understanding and sensitive of minority group needs and preferences.
- Professionalism– Maintain a high degree of professional participation; displays high standards of professional behavior and ethics.
- Time Management– Prioritize between low and high priority activities and demonstrate effective allocation of time resources.
- Management Practice– Ensure that employees have a clear understanding of their job responsibilities; effectively coach employees toward achievement; effectively use coaching and counseling techniques to resolve employee problems.
CIG Capital Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CIG Capital Advisors is an accomplished boutique financial services firm located in Southfield. Established in 1997, we focus on three core areas of services: wealth management, alternative investments and business advisory services to successful individuals and businesses. In partnership with in – house asset management, our Wealth Management team affords each Client financial security and peace of mind through objective planning, unbiased investing and exceptional client service.
Solid talent is hard to find, and as we continue to grow, it is more important than ever to add bright, dynamic people to our firm. We are searching for an entry-level Associate Wealth Manager (AWM).
This position is instrumental in executing the daily operations of the wealth management team. The AWM helps identify investment objectives and the available products and services necessary to help achieve a client’s financial plan. Working with the Wealth Management Team, the AWM helps to accomplish sales objectives by assisting high net worth clients directly with their questions and concerns, developing financial models and plans for proposals and client service meetings and supporting the wealth management team with administrative sales-oriented tasks. The AWM is also responsible for becoming well-versed in the firm’s technological platform often working directly with vendors to address account issues, conduct financial analysis and track client-to-firm interaction.
- Responsible for assisting Wealth Management Team in delivering customized wealth plans, which include proactive, high impact, planning solutions
- Assist Wealth Management Team in providing professional consulting/advisory services and solutions to clients through the assisting with the development, delivery and implementation of advanced planning techniques: (estate, tax, insurance, option, investment, retirement)
- Assist the Wealth Management Team in identifying issues and planning opportunities for review and discussion
- Conducts research related to the use of various complex tax and estate planning strategies under consideration by clients and develops financial modeling and flowcharts to demonstrate the economic impact of the strategies
- Assists Wealth Management Team in delivering a sophisticated wealth plan to clients and their advisors in a clear and concise manner and respond appropriately to their questions
- Assist Wealth Management Team with the preparation of Client Service Meetings
- Assist clients with paperwork
Sales and Marketing
- Learn to develop and refine sales consultant skills
Training and Mentoring
- Participates in training programs
- Learn working closely with the wealth management team
Education: Four-year degree in Finance, Business, Economics or relevant field. MBA or currently enrolled in program is preferred. Plan to obtain credentials such as CFA or CFP also preferred, but not required
Licensing: Series 7 and 66 or pass within 90 days of employment
Experience: 1-3 years in wealth planning and sales within financial services
- Further develop knowledge of complex, advanced planning techniques and relevant legislative, regulatory and case law changes
- Attends community and/or industry-specific forums, conferences and/or meetings in order to broaden relations, network and continually deepen knowledge of trends, practices, products and competitors
- Participates actively in community affairs and professional associations
- Displays the ability to be highly effective in a team-oriented environment and to build key relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Conducts business with an unwavering code of ethics and confidentiality
- Maintain strong analytical, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- CRM experience a plus
- Every person joining our firm will share our Core Values:
1. Personal Accountability
5. Solutions Oriented
CIG Capital Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.