Associate Wealth Manager
CIG Capital Advisors is an accomplished boutique financial services firm located in Southfield. Established in 1997, we focus on three core areas of services: wealth management, alternative investments and business advisory services to successful individuals and businesses. In partnership with in – house asset management, our Wealth Management team affords each Client financial security and peace of mind through objective planning, unbiased investing and exceptional client service.
Solid talent is hard to find, and as we continue to grow, it is more important than ever to add bright, dynamic people to our firm. We are searching for an entry-level Associate Wealth Manager (AWM).
This position is instrumental in executing the daily operations of the wealth management team. The AWM helps identify investment objectives and the available products and services necessary to help achieve a client’s financial plan. Working with the Wealth Management Team, the AWM helps to accomplish sales objectives by assisting high net worth clients directly with their questions and concerns, developing financial models and plans for proposals and client service meetings and supporting the wealth management team with administrative sales-oriented tasks. The AWM is also responsible for becoming well-versed in the firm’s technological platform often working directly with vendors to address account issues, conduct financial analysis and track client-to-firm interaction.
- Responsible for assisting Wealth Management Team in delivering customized wealth plans, which include proactive, high impact, planning solutions
- Assist Wealth Management Team in providing professional consulting/advisory services and solutions to clients through the assisting with the development, delivery and implementation of advanced planning techniques: (estate, tax, insurance, option, investment, retirement)
- Assist the Wealth Management Team in identifying issues and planning opportunities for review and discussion
- Conducts research related to the use of various complex tax and estate planning strategies under consideration by clients and develops financial modeling and flowcharts to demonstrate the economic impact of the strategies
- Assists Wealth Management Team in delivering a sophisticated wealth plan to clients and their advisors in a clear and concise manner and respond appropriately to their questions
- Assist Wealth Management Team with the preparation of Client Service Meetings
- Assist clients with paperwork
Sales and Marketing
- Learn to develop and refine sales consultant skills
Training and Mentoring
- Participates in training programs
- Learn working closely with the wealth management team
Education: Four-year degree in Finance, Business, Economics or relevant field. MBA or currently enrolled in program is preferred. Plan to obtain credentials such as CFA or CFP also preferred, but not required
Licensing: Series 7 and 66 or pass within 90 days of employment
Experience: 1-3 years in wealth planning and sales within financial services
- Further develop knowledge of complex, advanced planning techniques and relevant legislative, regulatory and case law changes
- Attends community and/or industry-specific forums, conferences and/or meetings in order to broaden relations, network and continually deepen knowledge of trends, practices, products and competitors
- Participates actively in community affairs and professional associations
- Displays the ability to be highly effective in a team-oriented environment and to build key relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Conducts business with an unwavering code of ethics and confidentiality
- Maintain strong analytical, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- CRM experience a plus
- Every person joining our firm will share our Core Values:
1. Personal Accountability
5. Solutions Oriented
If you share our commitment to excellence and want to be part of a dynamic and growing firm, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.