Managing Director of Wealth Management – open position
CIG Capital Advisors is an accomplished boutique financial services firm located in Southfield. Established in 1997, we focus on three core areas of services: wealth management, alternative investments and business advisory services to successful individuals and businesses.
We are looking for a Managing Director of Wealth Management to lead our wealth management department, which provides clients with sophisticated financial solutions delivered with “white-glove” service. In partnership with in – house asset management, our Wealth Management team affords each Client financial security and peace of mind through objective planning, unbiased investing and exceptional client service.
The Managing Director of Wealth Management will have P&L responsibilities and full authority over every facet of the department. In other words, when you join CIG you are choosing a place where you can have autonomy and strategic oversight, with back office support (marketing, HR and compliance), allowing you to make the department your own. Are you ready to build a legacy with CIG?
To be successful in this role, you will have interest in leading a team in a player/coach capacity and have a strategic vision to take the department to the next level.
Sales and Marketing
- Responsible for the P/L of Wealth Management consisting of Sr. Wealth Managers, Wealth Managers, Assistant Wealth Managers and Marketing
- Delegate prospecting opportunities and appropriate action items to Wealth Management team. Provide expertise in making connections with prospective clients and closing new prospects where necessary
- Manage Marketing function on prospect and client communications, client events and all other materials sent to clients
- Ensure utilization of CRM by Wealth Management team
Leadership, Training and Mentoring
- Develop, motivate and train team members
- Partner with Marketing, Wealth Managers and HR to ensure alignment with internal/external branding and integrate the client experience strategies into all aspects of CIG training
- Act as a the subject matter expert for senior CIG leadership on all client experience strategies, impacts, and decisions within the wealth management group
- Spearhead on-going analysis of client and team member feedback and recommendations for driving engagement, efficiency and organic growth, including regular reporting to executive management regarding sales and service performance
- Foster employee engagement as a critical driver of client engagement; create and implement team member and client engagement programs with measurable impact on satisfaction, loyalty, service, process improvement, and organic growth
- Represent the voice of the client; responsible for ensuring Wealth Managers provide a “high touch” level of service that exceeds client expectations
- Ensure client goals, objectives and wealth plans are identified, properly analyzed and implemented in a timely manner
- Comply with all regulatory policies and control procedures regarding client transactions and suitability
Education: Four-year degree in Finance, Business, Economics or relevant field. MBA is preferred. Industry credentials such as CFA or CFP also preferred, but not required
Licensing: Current Series 7 and 66 (or Series 63 and Series 65). Series 24 also required or obtained within 90 days of employment. State insurance licensing preferred
Experience: 7+ years in wealth planning and demonstrated ability to successfully lead/mentor a sales team within financial services. Must have successful experience in generating new clients
- Ability to successfully collaborate with and influence senior and executive level leadership to support growth and financial results
- Strong sales and business acumen
- Knowledge of financial products, product development and retirement plans, regulations and compliance requirements
- Master level knowledge of, and experience with, advanced planning techniques including estate, tax, insurance, option, investment and retirement
- Attends community and/or industry-specific forums, conferences and/or meetings in order to network and continually deepen knowledge of trends, practices, products and competitors
- Participates actively in community affairs and professional associations
- Effectively leads change management activities with clients and employees
- Ability to partner with Marketing to create successful campaigns/sales collateral to proactively address client concerns regarding market forces and performance
- Competently communicates complex information
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to track individual sales through company systems
- Conducts business with an unwavering code of ethics and confidentiality
- Maintains strong analytical, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- CRM experience
- Every person joining our firm will share our Core Values:
1. Personal Accountability
5. Solutions Oriented
Visit us at www.cigcapitaladvisors.com. If you share our commitment to excellence and want to be part of a dynamic and growing firm, APPLY NOW by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.